At Pease CRC, our vision is "Through Christ, Reaching and Teaching to Redeem and Restore." We firmly believe in our God-given calling to reach out to the hurting, struggling and searching children of God. But we know this task can only be accomplished through the power and hope that Jesus Christ freely offers!
We love to worship Him. We love to talk about Him. We love to be on His team and moving toward His goals! That is our purpose and our joy!
The sole basis of our belief is the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired, without error, and the final authority on all matters on which it bears. Here is a summary of our core beliefs:
- As the Bible teaches, there is one God, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — each possessing all the attributes of Deity.
- God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God's saving grace to end our alienation from Him.
- Salvation comes only through God's saving grace — not human effort — and must be received personally by repentance and faith.
- Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute.
- This accomplishes salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone.
- He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between us and God.
- He will return to earth to consummate history.
- The Holy Spirit draws sinners to Christ and equips believers for personal growth and service to the church.
- The church's role is to glorify God and serve those in need.
- At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment.
- Those forgiven through Christ will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.
For more indepth information on our beliefs click here.
We are a member of the Christian Reformed Church of North America. For more information on our denomination you can visit their website: www.crcna.org.